Wren is a web app that makes it easy for anyone to calculate and offset their carbon footprint through a monthly subscription. Through a series of questions, the website calculates your carbon footprint and offsets your emissions so you can live climate neutral.
Why this role?
- Work on ending the climate crisis. Help us grow and choose the most effective carbon offsets, setting the standard for the whole industry.
- Build your role from the ground up. We're still very early in the story of Wren, so you will have a large impact on what projects we fund, affecting how millions of dollars are spent.
- Choose your future. You will grow with us - Wren is still just beginning, and you will shape our trajectory as well as your own. As we grow, you'll be able to grow into your dream role and shape the future of the product as well as the company.
What you’ll do
- Source promising carbon offset projects for us to fund, and conduct due diligence and evaluation to ensure their impact
- Help define the strategy of our carbon offset portfolio
- Communicate how these projects work and what makes them special
- Work with our marketing team to show the impact of these carbon offset projects to our audience
- Develop frameworks for effectively evaluating carbon offset projects
- The role has some flexibility, so if you'd like you could also help write content about carbon offsets, or do research for other product initiatives we have
This might be for you if...
- You are familiar with carbon offset projects and what makes some better than others. You can think clearly about things like additionality, durability, cost per ton of CO₂, potential for double counting, and so on.
- You value funding the most impactful projects possible and ensuring carbon offset projects are transparent. You want to help cut through the noise and show the world how impactful carbon offsets can be when done right
- You are a self starter and happy to take the initiative on things. Since we are a startup, you will sometimes have to figure things out with limited help from the team.
- Ideally, you have a few years experience evaluating carbon offset projects. You are welcome to apply if you are newer to the space, but we're likely to bias towards folks with more experience.
- Competitive pay (cash and equity)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Work from anywhere (most of the team works in PST but we should be able to make most timezones work for this role)
- Flexible vacation time
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resumé and a few sentences on why you're interested in this position.Apply now