Wren is a web app that makes it easy for anyone to calculate and offset their carbon footprint through a monthly subscription. Through a series of questions, the website calculates your carbon footprint and offsets your emissions so you can live climate neutral.
Subscribers choose to offset through a specific project, and then monthly updates are sent showing the progress their project made, like photos of the trees planted or satellite imagery of the rainforest protected.
Our product is still early and there's a lot we want to add. Maybe you can help us!
Wren's mission is to help end the climate crisis.
We plan to do this by empowering individuals. Individuals are the atoms that make up society. We need systemic change in order to mitigate the climate crisis, and systemic change comes from individuals.
Wren is a mission-driven business backed by mission-aligned investors like Y Combinator, Union Square Ventures, LocalGlobe, and many wonderful angel investors, including Paul Graham and Yancey Strickler.
We wrote a legally-binding Charter as part of our incorporation as a Public Benefit Corporation in 2020. In the charter, we commit to being radically transparent, always evaluating our own effectiveness, and being a role model for how corporations should act. These are values that we expect every member of the Wren team to uphold.
Why this Role?
- Work on ending the climate crisis. Launch campaigns that show the world we can end the climate crisis—it will just take effort. Be a voice inspiring change.
- Build your role from the ground up. We're still very early in the story of Wren, and even earlier on telling that story to the world. We have lots of ideas to try, from interviews with our projects and deep dives into climate science to cute, optimistic pics for social media—you will help us think of more ideas, and execute them!
- Tell stories that matter. The most popular project on Wren is a tree planting project that pays subsistence farmers to plant trees. Beyond the carbon impact, it changes lives. You can show the world how addressing climate change will improve lives around the world.
- Choose your future. You will grow with us - Wren is still just beginning, and you will shape our trajectory as well as your own. As we grow, you'll be able to grow into your dream role and shape the future of the product as well as the company.
What you'll do
- Brainstorm and launch diverse marketing campaigns for Wren—everything from emails to Instagram stories to online events.
- Shape our brand's narrative strategy and prioritize which communications efforts are most important.
- Own our social media accounts and use them to connect with our audience and tell stories that matter.
- Talk with users and do market research to understand what messages resonate and how to create connection between projects and their supporters.
- Plan our communications strategy for the projects we support, and execute on everything from writing update emails about the projects to deciding which stories are most important to tell.
- Probably way more, you're encouraged to try anything you come up with that you think could have an impact on our audience!
This might be for you if...
- You're an excellent storyteller and communicator, and want to tell stories in a range of formats: from memes and instagram posts to emails and essays.
- You're creative and want to brainstorm new ways we could engage with our supporters and audience.
- You like talking to users and doing market research.
- You have experience growing social media accounts from the ground up and know what makes for impactful content.
- You like to work autonomously and have a lot of ownership over your work: you will build our content strategy from the ground up, and execute on it.
- You're scrappy and excited to test ideas quickly on low budgets.
- You have a growth mindset and are happy learning new things, especially when they're important for the team's success.
- You love learning about the climate crisis and are passionate about telling stories that will help save the planet.
- Competitive pay (cash and equity)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Work from anywhere (we may move into an office after COVID, but will always be happy to work remotely)
- Flexible vacation time
How to apply
Fill out our brief Typeform application.Apply now