Why this Role?
- Work on ending the climate crisis. Help us build a product that gets millions of people to do something about climate change. Each feature grows our impact.
- Build features that matter. The most popular project on Wren is a tree planting project that pays subsistence farmers to plant trees. Beyond the carbon impact, our projects change lives. You’ll be building features that help bring funding to projects that address climate change and improve lives around the world.
- Have the opportunity to extend beyond engineering. If you’re interested, you can design the features you’re building or help make business decisions with analytics.
- Choose your future. You will grow with us - Wren is still just beginning, and you will shape our trajectory as well as your own. As we grow, you'll be able to grow into your dream role and shape the future of the product as well as the company.
What you'll do
- Build new product features from start to finish: from first MVP to fully polished interfaces
- Implement UI changes for A/B tests
- Optimize performance and improve site reliability when necessary
- Provide input on our product roadmap, and help spec features from high level concepts to actionable tasks
- Shape our product culture and improve our processes for ideation, design, development, deployment, and monitoring
- And more — you’re encouraged to build anything you come up that you think could be useful to our users!
This might be for you if...
- You’ve worked up and down codebases, from CSS to SQL. You feel equally at home optimizing a query, refactoring an endpoint, and refining a box shadow
- You’re excited to build out UI and love working on frontend
- You have at least a couple of years of experience as an engineer and are familiar with the common engineering cycles of design, review, deployment, and testing
- You like launching features quickly and iterating on them based on data
- You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning new things, especially when it’s important to the team’s success
- You love learning about the climate crisis and are excited about building a product that helps individuals save the planet
- React with emotion.js for styling
- Nodejs, Express, PostgreSQL, and Redis in the backend
- Hosted on Heroku
- Cypress for end-to-end testing
- Tight integration with Berkeley’s CoolClimate research API
- Figma for design
- Mode Analytics and Segment for data analysis
- The usuals: Sentry, GitHub, Slack, Notion
- Competitive pay (cash and equity)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Work from anywhere (we may move into an office after COVID, but will always be happy to work remotely)
- Flexible vacation time
How to apply
Fill out our Typeform application.Apply now