Hello Wren members!
Thanks for supporting the Wren Climate Fund, a rotating collection of climate projects, curated by Wren, that sequester or prevent carbon emissions. Every month or so, we send a "State of the Fund" update which recaps the recent progress projects in the fund have made. Click "Read full update" on any of the recaps to see a more detailed report, including images, videos, and letters written by project leads, specifically for Wren supporters.
One important update before we dive into the recap!
Regenerative Agroforestry is Wren's newest project, but it's already growing by leaps and bounds. We've allocated more of the fund to supporting it, because we want to make sure you're having the biggest impact you can. This hasn't changed the cost per ton of the fund – so your subscription will stay the same. You can see the current fund allocation below:
Now, on to the project updates!
Here's what happened in October & November
In October & November 2020, our projects planted tens of thousands more trees, and gave us some juicy details on how they operate. Check out the updates below:
🌲 Community Tree Planting
The surprising power of small groups
- Over 95,000 farmers now participate in community tree planting with TIST!
- Small groups of farmers are the secret to TIST's success. They rotate leadership, hold each other accountable, and are early adopters of sustainable farming practices.
🐷 Regenerative Agroforestry
6,000 trees planted in October, and details on the massive potential of the project
- 6,000 trees were planted in October, a major increase from 2,500 planted in August.
- The newly purchased 2,000 acre (800 hectare) estate has capacity to plant 1 million trees!
- 10 new humbug piglets were born on property. These pigs will help clear bracken, churn up soil, and spread manure, improving biodiversity in the forest.
🔥 Clean cooking fuel for refugees
Approval granted for hydroelectric power source for briquette production
- The project received approval to connect to a hydroelectric dam for a source of renewable energy. This new power supply will enable mass production of briquettes!
That's it for the State of the Fund this month. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Employee #2, Wren